Monday 12 December 2011

Melissa

I have just edited the five images i liked the most from today.. I have change the background from green to blue on photoshop as i though blue fit in with the film better due to the whole precepection of water being this powerful thing. I hope you like them.

I created these images by cutting out the model and editing the variations to change the background colour, i then pasted the model back into the photo and changed the levels and curves. I also used the burn tool to darken her eyelashes and eyebrows and i used the dodge tool to lighten the circles that where under her eyes. I then used the sharpen tool to make the eyes and the lips stand out more.

I think these images work as even though originally we were going for the dark edgy look we have still sort of got that idea in terms of the styling and the chains. I also think the blue is a good contrast against the darkness of the geisha life (a life they dont choose). It also represents the water idea.





6 comments:

  1. i do like the blue background but when you view the images bigger i think you can see the editing and worried on a big screen the editing will show up and wont look as good, what do other people think? alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. I didn't think they did.. But obviously the screen variations between our computers could be massively different. I've checked on both m phone and comp?? What does everyone else think? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love these!!Yeah,just checked on big screen view and in my opinion they look great and i like the effect as it makes it look more edgy/high fashion couture styling!!! Sunddas x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think the last image should definitely include her knees and hands as it looks better like that,and looks more innocent. Sunddas

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I do get what you mean Sunddas I did it like that to begin with but because there is so much chain etc round her legs and hands it was really difficult to make it look good when I cut the image out. Thats why I cropped it because it looked way better. Louise also said not to be scared of cropping into things. Il show you the two images tomorrow then you can see what I mean. Melissa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh,I understand how the chain would be difficult to photoshop. The more I look at it, i like how you've cut into it,as Louise said,which makes it more 'edgy'. Sunddas xxx

    ReplyDelete